A library of out-of-band tooling and practical guidance, extensions, and community solutions, complementing our publications.
Title photo by frank mckenna on Unsplash.
Library of Azure DevOps Extensions.
- Branch Visualization - Allows you to visualize your Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) branches for your current project.
- Build Usage - See how many build minutes are being used by users, build definitions, team projects and more.
- Countdown Widget - Counts down to a configurable moment in time.
- Folder Management - Create a folder in your source repositories from the web. No need to clone the repository or install extra tools.
- Offline Test Execution - Allows the Tester to perform the Test Steps even if disconnected from Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), using the exported Excel Spreadsheet.
- Roll-up Board Widget - The widget shows the number of cards in each column of the Kanban board.
- Sample Data - Ever needed to have sample data to try things out on? Want to explore what Visual Studio Team Services can do? This extension lets you create and remove sample work item data in your project.
- Team Project Health - Enables users to visualise the overall health of builds (and in future releases) on their dashboards.
- Test Case Explorer - (v2) An extension to explore test cases.
- Work Item Details - View Details of work item(s) on your dashboard.
- Work Item Visualization - Visualize relationships between work items from within the work item form.
Guidance and Tooling
Library of guidance and gap-filling solutions.
- AAD OAuth2 provider for SonarQube- This plug-in enables Azure Active Directory (AAD) users to automatically be sign up (a login is created if they don’t have one already) and authenticated on a SonarQube server.
- Artifacts and guidance for Azure DevTest Labs - This practical guidance explores how to extend the lab and how to practically deploy it in a DevOps environment, based on a number of lab artifacts. Assets: Install Google Chrome, JDKs for Linux, Set up Web Deploy server, Install Sublime Text, Install Slack, NPM Package, Selenium Grid, Apt-Get, Yum Package, gVim (Cream) for Windows, AWS CLI for Windows
- Breakpoint Generator - Automatically generate breakpoints for all the public entry points in your solution. VS2015 extension - 4,132 installs
- Extracting effective permissions from TFS - This practical guidance and sample code is based on extensive research to address two of the commonly heard requests on Team Foundation Server security:Report on the effective permissions of a TFS user/group.Report on security auditing for TFS.The Extracting effective permissions whitepaper and sample code been released. The Security auditing whitepaper and sample code is available, but will not be released publically as the sample may have performance implications and is not supported by Microsoft. If you need information on the auditing research, please contact the ALM Rangers.
- Migration of release management assets from RM server to VSTS - Migrate assets from 2015 or 2013 U4 RM server to 2015 TFS server, and start using the Release hub in Team Web Access.
- Secure SonarQube VM with Azure SQL DB - This template deploys an Azure SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Windows Server 2012R2 VM (Standard DS1 v2) with SonarQube installed. This template can be deployed to a new resource group (recommended) or to an existing resource group. Once the deployment is complete you can increase the resources provided to SonarQube by changing the VM from a Standard DS1 v2 machine to any larger DS_x_ v2 machine without the need to redeploy SonarQube or migrate any data.
- Technical Debt Management / SonarQube (aka.ms/vsartdsq) - SonarQube Installation Guide, which explains how to set up a production ready SonarQube installation to be used in conjunction with Team Foundation Server 2013 to analyse .Net apps. Supporting blog posts and articles: Integrating SonarQube and Reporting Services, Manage Technical Debt with SonarQube and TFS, by Cesar Brito and Hosam Kamel
- Telemetry Client for Team Services extension - Get insights in the usage of your extension by leveraging Microsoft Application Insights.TFS Planning, Disaster Avoidance and Recovery
- Practical guidance for the implementation and disaster recovery planning for Azure DevOps and Azure DevOps Server v1.4 - planning guide, workbook, and quick reference poster. All guidance, including TFS on Azure guide, is included in this package.
- Version Control (ex Branching and Merging) Guide - Refer to publications for the latest version control articles and videos.
- VSTS Bot - Making Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) part of your daily digital conversations.
- Yeoman - generator-team-services-extension - Yeoman generator to create an extension for Visual Studio Team Services or Team Foundation Server.
Delivered by the ALM community with collaboration and support from the ALM | DevOps Rangers.
- Enhance Export - Export work item queries and test plans to word direct from the web, without client installs and moving templates files between computers.
- New Relic Record Deployment - New Build/Release task to record deployment event securely to your New Relic account with a new dedicated endpoint type.
- Export as PDF - Export build definition as neatly formatted PDF. View all your build defintion details at once instead of navigating between steps or tabs.
- Extension Download Monitor Widget - Monitor your extension downloads, ratings and downloads/day right from the VSTS/TFS dashboard.
- Requirements Integrator - A requirements management and integration tool for Visual Studio Team Services.
- State visualization of work items - Add the ability to view the state model for a selected work item type.
- Scrum Report - Summary report for your daily scrums.
- Team Rooms Summary - Shows a summary of the activity in all the team rooms that you are a part of.
- Toggl Button - VSTS and toggl.com integration.
- Welcome Email - Send a welcome email to an individual or the entire team.
- Work Item Details - View Details of work item(s) on your dashboardExtensions - Visual Studio
- MyHistory - This is the MyHistory Team Explorer extension originally provided as a sample in the June 2013 MSDN Magazine article -
- Extending Visual Studio Team Explorer 2012News - VS Online news and updates inside Visual Studio.
- TFS Community Branch Tool - The TFS Community Branch Tool Visual Studio Extension is based on the ALM Rangers Quick Response Sample ALM Rangers Branch Tool vs extension. The goal is to provide a tool to automate branching task in the ALM Rangers branching guidance.
- TFS Team Rooms - Access Team Rooms inside Visual Studio.
- Work Item Field History - This package audits a specific field of a work item, showing only the revisions in which its value has changed.
- Flight Plan Board - An innovative visualisation project, started by Robert and Gordon as part of the ALM Rangers Community and their continuous visualisation and technology research and collaboration initiative. Store.
- TFS 2012 Community Tfs Team Tools - Community TFS Team Tools is a community project based on the example code from ALM Rangers - Quick Response Sample Command line utility to manage TFS Teams Quick Response Sample – Command line utility to manage Team Foundation Server Teams and Users
- TFS Work Item Morphing - In Team Foundation Server (TFS) it is not possible to change Process Template on an active project which contains many WorkItems data. To address this specific issue, we have developed an application called TFS Morphing. Purpose of this tool is to perform “In Place Conversion” of data from one format to another.
Are we missing any solution in this consolidated library? If yes, please contact us with the details.